- The name of the Society shall be “The Pakistan Physical Society”.
The Pakistan Physical Society will be a professional society of physicists with the following objectives:
- To promote the development of physics research in Pakistan;
- To promote physics education in Pakistan;
- To popularise physics and to promote a wider awareness of physics and its role in technological development;
- To advise the government on matters related to science and education;
- To safeguard and promote the interests of the community of physicists.
To achieve the above-mentioned objectives, the society will
- hold at least one annual general meeting of its members in a year;
- organize topical conferences and symposia from time to time;
- organize physics workshops for teachers of schools and colleges;
- encourage the organization of such activities in various provinces through its local chapters;
- seek to establish and strengthen contacts with the larger international physics community;